What is your go-to Linux Distro?

I am curious on which Linux Distro do the members of this forum prefer. Let’s get a discussion started! :laughing:

Personally, I use Kali Linux (for pentesting) and Ubuntu (for dev. sutff). Other than these, I have tried using ParrotOS and Linux Mint.
I have some great stuff about MX Linux and Manjaro. Do any of you have any thoughts on it?

Reply with your favourite distro and the reason you use it! :grin:

1 Like

Welcome @swsjona

I personally use either Ubuntu or CentOS as my primary Linux version (If on a Linux computer) and always try to use CentOS on my servers.

1 Like

Mostly I go with Ubuntu or elementary OS :heart_eyes: I really like the UI of elementary. Once I tried with Openbox + Tint2 + Thunar + Sakura in Ubuntu just because I love minimal UI. :wink:

I tried Manjaro a few times with KDE. I have good stuff on Fedora :grinning:

1 Like

CentOS :ok_hand: That is one of the best for servers :smiley:

2 Likes

IKR. It’s so good. And if you’re using RHEL for your paid tasks, you really don’t need to learn two platforms when you switch in between them.

If I’m running a cPanel server, I’d probably choose CloudLinux over CentOS though

1 Like

My home is at Fedora . But I distro hop every month or two. I’m used to it right now and can get the OS running with all my config and data within a hour or so. My target is I want the newest apps and innovations. So never tried Debian stable. But I’m good with anything. But as of now running elementary.

1 Like

Yep! I think elementary OS has one of the refined UI among linux distros.

Usually, I use ubuntu for my daily stuff and centos for servers.

2 Likes
  1. Ubuntu Desktop and Server
  2. Fedora on the VM for testing